I recently spent about 2 1/2 weeks in Africa. I had the privilege of working with the senior management team of an outstanding hospital in Kenya, West Africa discussing teamwork and how to effectively lead their organization.
I also was able to enjoy time seeing God’s creation while on a safari. While there, I discovered serveral things in the wild that apply to every day leadership. I hope you enjoy these photos along with their leadership lessons. Go and Lead Well!
1. Sometimes the road to the future looks very challenging. Just decide where you want to go and prepare as best you can for the journey. You will be amazed at what you discover.
2. Take somebody with you on the journey if it isn’t too much trouble. You will find their company worth-while.
3. If you give a little attention you may be amazed by what it will do for others performance.
4. Sometimes leadership is lonely, but if you take a look back, you may find others following in your footsteps, so choose your actions carefully.
5. Teamwork is a beautiful thing.
6. Sometimes what looks really bad and smells even worse is an opportunity in disguise.
7. Competition is real. There is always someone that will try to eat your lunch.
8. Winning at the expense of someone else is messy business and is tough on your reputation.
9. You don’t always get a second chance, so make the first one count.
10. When you’ve had a great day, take a few moments to enjoy it and reflect on what made it great.
11. Don’t take your bad day out on others. That will only make things worse.
12. Leaders are responsible for others in their care.
13. Great leaders do not hide from responsibility.
14. If you make a mess, admit that it is yours and clean it up. Otherwise others will step in it too.
15. Leaders rise above the daily tasks, look over the horizon, and decide where they want to go next.